Another Emergency Reminder from Hunan Provincial Center for Disease Control and Prevention (Bilingual)
(Updated on July 31, 2021)
The recent outbreak of COVID-19 at Nanjing Lukou International Airport has affected many provinces with more than 200 new infections. In Hunan province, related cases have been confirmed successively in Changde city, Zhuzhou city, Zhangjiajie city and Xiangxi prefecture. The outbreak is attributed to the Delta variant, a highly contagious virus that is hard to be safeguarded against. Now we are facing very high risk of spread, and the task of prevention and control is quite demanding and complicated. Up until 3pm, July 31st, 21 areas of Hunan including Zhangjiajie, Zhuzhou and Xiangxi have been added to the list of medium-risk areas. In order to curb the spread both within and into the jurisdictions and safeguard people’s life and well-being, we urgently make the following notifications to people in Hunan:
1. Voluntarily report personal travel history. Please closely follow the track of confirmed cases and asymptomatic infections issued by official departments of the affected areas, and the changes in the list of medium and high-risk areas. Please consciously abide by the provisions on disease prevention and control. Anyone who has traveled to or stopped at affected areas or has taken the same transportation or has overlapped activities with any infected person must inform your community (village) or the organization you work for. Please cooperate with local officials to implement health care protocols. (People who need to follow this instruction are listed below)
(1) People (back) to Hunan who have traveled to or stayed in Nanjing, or stopped at Nanjing Lukou International Airport, or have overlapped activities with infected persons in Zhuhai, Zhongshan (Guangdong province), Dalian, Shenyang (Liaoning province), Suqian, Yangzhou (Jiangsu province), Wuhu, Ma’anshan (Anhui province), Mianyang, Luzhou, Chengdu (Sichuan province), Beijing and other provinces and cities, or have yellow or red health code since July 6th.
(2) People in Hunan who have traveled to or stayed in Zhangjiajie and Changde, or have overlapped activities with infected persons in Ningxiang of Changsha, Yongding district of Zhangjiajie, Yunlong demonstration area of Zhuzhou, Heshan district of Yiyang, Guzhang county of Xiangxi, or have yellow or red health code since July 17th.
2. Travel with caution and proactively take nucleic acid tests. Please make proper travel arrangements, and try to avoid travels across provinces. Any travel to medium and high-risk areas should be avoided if it is not necessary, otherwise please properly protect yourself during the whole trip and try not to go to crowded places to reduce infection risks. After the trip, please take nucleic acid tests at your earliest convenience and conduct self-health monitoring according to the prevention and control protocols of Hunan province.
3. Please keep an eye on the Health Code of yours and your family members’. Once it turns red or yellow, please inform your community (village) immediately. While taking self-protection measures, you must cooperate with local disease control and protection institutions and communities on investigation and registration, epidemiological investigation, sample collection, daily health monitoring, home health observation, centralized quarantine for medical observation and other prevention and control measures.
4. Conduct health monitoring. Please actively cooperate with communities and companies on health monitoring and management. When entering public places such as medical institutions, nursing homes, airports, stations, wharves, shopping malls, hotels, cinemas, agro-food markets, scenic spots, etc., you should cooperate on body temperature measurement and showing your Health Code and Travel History Code for inspection. Once symptoms such as fever and cough occur, you should wear a mask and seek medical treatment at a nearby fever clinic in time. Please avoid taking public transportation when seeking treatment and truthfully report relevant travel and contact history.
5. Keep good personal hygiene. Please follow the prevention and control requirements and related information issued by local governments. Have a good knowledge of hygiene and disease prevention to protect yourself. Wear a mask correctly, wash hands frequently and ventilate rooms more often. No gathering. Keep a safe social distance. Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. Use serving chopsticks and spoons. Develop good habits for health.
6. Get vaccinated in time. Vaccination is considered the most economical and effective prevention way against COVID-19. It is also the right and obligation of every citizen. Those who are eligible for vaccination are requested to take the initiative to get vaccinated so as to build a nationwide immune wall for preventing infections and reducing risks of severe illness and death.
(translated by Foreign Affairs Office of Hunan Province)